The Port of Waterford Company was originally known as Waterford Harbour Commissioners and was established 200 years ago, in 1816. In 1999, the organisation was incorporated as the Port of Waterford Company, and now operates in the commercial semi-state sector in Ireland, reporting to the Department of Transport.
Since it's foundation, the organisation has played a vital role in the development of the city and the region. The company comprises of board of directors, management and staff, focused on delivering the needs of new and existing customers.
In the 1990's, commercial shipping operations moved to Belview, some 5 miles downstream of Waterford City, and closer to the sea.
Recent developments include a major infrastructure upgrade comprising of 190m quay extension in 2008.
The Port is working on a new strategic Master Plan, setting out major infrastructural works to facilitate trade for the next 25 years.
Port of Waterford would be delighted to hear from interested parties who may require land. We fully understand that such enquiries will be confidential in nature, and discretion is assured.
Enquiries can be directed to CEO, Frank Ronan or Business Development Manager, Derek Madigan.
Tel: +353-51-874907 or Email: